Dust and debris was causing me some issues... introducing Stepper Covers for Shapeoko (does not work with Pro's). These simple covers screw onto either side of your X gantry. They cover over the belt and stepper motor gears in order to keep dust away from this vital area of your machine. Integrated brushes help to push dust away from your Y gantry belts to reduce the frequency with which you must clean your V-Wheels. These work wonderfully with the homing proximity switches that are now standard on Shapeoko's.
- Left and Right cover with mounting screws
- Large acrylic side plates
- 1" brush material you cut to size and slide right into either end
- Laser cut acrylic "windows" that lets you easily monitor your belts
Available upon request
- Adapter part to make these covers work with the older style mechanical homing switches.
- Minor assembly required to cut the brushes and slide them into the brush track on either side.
- These are printed on demand... please allow a few extra days to get your order prepared.
- These have been tested and validated to work properly on my Shapeoko 3 Std (circa late-2020) and my Shapeoko 3 XXL (circa early-2019).
- If you have an older shapeoko (prior to 2019) you may not have threaded holes in the side Y plates... and thus require a slightly different mounting hardware. Please make note of this during checkout and we'll make it happen.
I do not guarantee these will work with other year models of the Shapeoko... but will work with you to make them fit properly if you're willing to provide measurements and photos.
Installation Instructions: https://support.pwncnc.com/kb/article/28-stepper-covers-for-shapeoko-3/